Skip to main content

Full text of "ED_000552D_00004884_0_80483345-4874-42c6-a48e-03e7631f5a54"

See other formats

To:  Hull,  George[Hull. George@epa.gov];  StClair,  Christie[StClair. Christie@epa.gov]

From:  Daguillard,  Robert

Sent:  Mon  8/17/2015  8:20:10  PM

Subject:  FW:  RELEASE:  EPA  Statement  on  Colorado  data  from  Gold  King  Mine  Release

removed.txt

FYI

From:  Biesecker,  Michael  [mailto:MBiesecker@ap.org]

Sent:  Monday,  August  17,  2015  4:16  PM
To:  Daguillard,  Robert
Cc:  Milbourn,  Cathy

Robert,

I got  a response  from  Christie  St.  Clair  over  the  weekend,  six  days  after  the  questions  were
submitted.  She  did  not  provide  the  requested  spreadsheets  that  includes  the  standards.  She
also  did  not  respond  to  a follow  up  question  asking  for  clarification  as  to  whether  it  is  the
agency’s  position  that  no  such  spreadsheets  exist  (which  would  be  surprising),  or  whether  you
all  are  simply  choosing  not  to  provide  it.

The  agency  did  release  one  batch  of  sediment  samples  over  the  weekend,  but  again  with  no
comparison  data  of  what  the  pre-event  levels  of  contamination  were  in  the  river.

I will  again  point  out  that  the  way  the  agency  is  disseminating  this  information  falls  we  short  of
the  standard  for  transparency  that  Administrator  McCarthy  set  in  her  public  statements  in  the
wake  of  the  spill.  The  Associated  Press  plans  to  chronicle  and  reflect  that  in  our  coverage.

Michae1